Latest posts by Ross Pickering (see all)
- VIDEO: Gary Payton, who has been linked to the Lakers, says he’s “getting interested” in coaching - July 31, 2014
- Jordan Clarkson impresses at OVO Bounce tournament, scores 35 points, throws down some nice dunks [VIDEO] - July 31, 2014
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant hits five consecutive shots to win one-on-one game in China - July 31, 2014
Last night, a report dropped stating that Lamar Odom still has interest in returning to the Lakers.
Odom is said to be safe – not missing as TMZ reported – but it appears that the Lakers are no longer pursuing in the former Sixth Man of the Year.
According to Mark Medina, the Lakers had interest in LO earlier in the off-season, yet that interest has since weaned:
The Lakers had “some interest” in acquiring Odom and had talks with him in early July, but the team no longer has any interest in acquiring him, according to a league source familiar with the discussions.
It’s not all that surprising to hear that the Lakers are no longer looking to bring back Lamar. Despite his recent issues off the court, he has struggled on the floor in recent times, too. Also, Lamar isn’t getting any younger – he turns 35 in November – and it seems that the Lakers would rather get younger at this point.