Although it wasn’t pretty, the Lakers got the job done. This game had more to it than just another win. If the Lakers had lost this one the season would have been in serious jeopardy.
- They were desperate for a bounce back win and got it.
- Their formula of ball movement still works.
- Bench players are gaining serious confidence.
- A key victory without Dwight Howard.
- Pau Gasol dominated with 22 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 blocks.
- They played well down the stretch showing their ability to close out games.
- You can see players trusting each other.
- The first road victory in 2013.
The Lakers did let a huge lead slip away, but were able to execute on the offensive and defensive side of ball to pull out the win. A 20 point victory would be nice, however, closing out a tight game takes trust and unity.
Overall it was a great win for a desperate Lakers team. They must continue to play desperate if this ship is going to sail.